Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

The Advent Activity for today was nice and easy : Hang up your stocking and leave something for Santa.  That's not much is it? 

DSC_5750

But today was also spent knocking up some choc-coated peppermint creams, some more Christmas shortbread and some spinach & haloumi fritters (with yoghurt & tahini sauce) ready to be taken to the Christmas lunch tomorrow.  We also squeezed in a visit to the supermarket, a visit to my Aunt & Uncle's house to help with preparations for tomorrow's gathering, and a visit to my friend with cancer (who will be home from hospital for Christmas with her boys) to drop off the hastily finished handmade presents and for the boys to have a waterfight. Then we had a great big tidy up of our house so that Santa can walk through in the dark tonight without hurting himself or wondering what sort of slackers live here.  There's still a couple of presents to wrap, and a bit of finagling to do because some books didn't make it time from the UK (snow delays) and I just didn't find the time to knit a last washcloth.  But I do think in the morning we'll be able to get to where we need to go on time and in an orderly fashion.

DSC_5751

Anyway, here it is, Christmas Eve, nearly ten o'clock, and the adults are exhausted.  (Last we looked though, both chillun were wide awake.)  I'm looking forward to a lovely day tomorrow and wishing all who visit here the same.  Peace & love to you all, ho ho ho!  See you on the other side.

DSC_5752

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that was like live streaming, you saying it was 10pm Christmas Eve and then I looked at my clock and it was only like an hour ago that you wrote this!

    Merry Christmas to you all, I hope you get some sleep! I have just collapsed exhausted on my lounge from scrubbing this place to within a inch of its life ready for the arrival of MDH's family tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol to Aunty Evil's comment.

    Hope those boys are fast asleep now - we're tracking Santa over here and we see he is about to hit Oz. Still a few hours before he hits Abu Dhabi.

    Merry Christmas Stomper and family. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you hear that clicking noise?

    That's me tap-dancing in your commentbox to the tune of "It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas". Can't wait to show you in person next time we meet.

    Merry Christmas dear Stompie to you and your beautiful family.

    e xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eleanor cracks me up.

    I hope you and your gorgeous family have had a lovely day. It's the end of the big day here and I'm always a bit sad when it's over for another year.

    Here's to 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Don't let the cat get your tongue.